Holiday Selling Season
Waiting After the Holidays to Sell?
Many sellers decide to wait until after the holidays to list their home for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
6 Reasons to Sell Now:
- Relocation buyers are out there. Companies are not concerned with holiday time and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
- Holiday home buyers are serious buyers.
- You can restrict the showing times/days. You remain in control.
- Homes show well when decorated for the holidays.
- There is less competition for you as a seller.
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. New construction will increase in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Real Estate Bottom Line
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home could actually get you a lower sales price. Let’s talk to discuss a selling strategy that works for you.