When buying a home, knowledge and experience are the keys to a successful real estate transaction. My goal is to find your dream home while making the transaction smooth and stress-free for you.
Here’s a quick summary of the home-buying process:
- One of the first steps in the home buying process it to speak with a lender and complete a loan application. This will allow the lender to issue a pre-approval letter, which MUST be submitted with all offers.
- Next, you will want to put together a detailed description of the home you hope to buy. I will use your criteria to refine your search and focus on homes that offer the features you want. You will receive daily emails with the most current active listings and will be able to view pictures and get detailed get information about each home.
- I will schedule showings for homes that interest you.
- Once you find a property you wish to purchase, I will write up the offer, go over it with you line by line and present it to the listing agent. Remember, price is not the only consideration – things such as contract deadlines, inclusions/exclusions, title documents, HOA documents, causes for termination, etc. must all be included in the contract.
- Once your offer has been signed by all parties, you are officially under contract.
- Now that you are under contract, there are several inspections that need to take place. I will help you to determine which inspections are appropriate for the property, and make sure that they are conducted during the time period specified in the purchase agreement.
- Your lender will order an appraisal to determine the value of the property.
- My goal is to make sure that the entire home buying process is as smooth as possible. I will provide you with helpful hints such as a change of address checklist, utilities, cable and phone contact information, packing tips and an arrival kit checklist.
- Before closing, you will have an opportunity to conduct a final walk-through of the property to verify that all agreed upon repairs have been completed, and that the property is in substantially the same condition as the date of contract acceptance.
- You will sign all of the necessary closing and loan documents to finalize the transaction at the title company. Congratulations on becoming a new homeowner!
I hope this has been helpful. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions! YOU matter to me!
[…] Buying Your New Home […]